Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catching up!

Okay, so now to tell you about Friday June 11th~ the day our wonderful Emersyn Rose came into our world! It was a funny week because I was trying to go into labor up until about Thursday because Elliana's birthday party was scheduled for Sat. June 12th! So on Friday my mom came over to make all the cupcakes with me...40 to be exact....20 Elmo ones and 20 choc/sprinkle ones..so we worked all morning and when they were all done we took them over to the clubhouse where the party was the next morning...and I said on my way back..."watch mom...now that I am not trying to have this baby she is going to come today...since we have so much ready for the party, etc." I came home and laid on the sofa to rest a bit as Nana C took Elliana out for the day! About 10 minutes after I was laying down, I got up and said "mom...I think my water just broke..." so yes after several changes in the next 15 minutes I realized it was def. my water breaking! I called Billy who was at the firehouse and told him to get ready to come home, then called my midwife and they said to go on into the hospital...meanwhile my husband gets a call and when I call him back to tell him we have to go another firefighter answers and says they are on a call and he doesnt know how long it will be...but he should be home in the next hour...well since she did come 2 weeks early...I was of course ready and packed but Billy wasnt...so I tried to pack for him and we waited! Finally about an hour later he came home and headed down to Northside Hospital! The funny thing was that I was having no pain whatsoever! I thought is this really it, so strange and so different than it was with Elliana! But I def. knew my water broke! So we get to the hospital and we are in the waiting room for about an hour....everyone else in there said, "oh are you getting induced too?" and I was like, well no I am in labor..my water broke but I feel GREAT! Besides when I stood up to walk and my water was leaking all over my dress and the chair...oops! We got in to our delivery room and I was just laughing with the nurses, calling people, etc. wondering when the labor pains would come! So my midwife came in after I got checked in, etc. and said I was just 3 cm...and they could do a potocin drip...I an anti those and said I would rather walk around to speed up my contractions! So we went walking for about 45 minutes and they started to come...several stops at the side of the hosp. hallways like you see in the movies was me breathing and making it through each contraction! Then we got back to get checked...meanwhile it wasn't such a nice easy labor anymore...I got my epidural and then got checked again and was 6 cm...within 30 minutes I was 9 cm...then my midwife said I'll come back in an hour and you should be ready! I thought if I just went 3 cm in 30 min. I think an hour is a little long...but she knew...an hour later...Emersyns head was right there and within 3 contractions and about 6 pushes she was out! It was AMAZING! She was 8lbs 7oz. and 21 inches long! Such a different story from Elliana! Let's just say the next morning I was up at 6am showering and getting ready for the day! It took me like 2 weeks to do that with Elliana! I was ready to go home the next morning! I am so thankful that it was much easier (not 3.5hrs of pushing and then vacuuming her out like Elliana was) So there it is! Lots of details yet I left out some too! Now we don't know where are days go, our nights go, our months go...as you can see Emersyn is 1 month old and I am just now getting this on our blog!


My bili bed that I had to live in for 24/7 for about 5 days! I did pretty good! But sure am glad I am done!
Drew & Emrie came to visit!
Hi Sister! How are you?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIANA!
Yummy Cupcake!

Emersyn laying in her bili-bed!
Papa E's 1st time to meet Emersyn! He was on a business trip when she came! This is also Elliana's birthday so we got to celebrate with them!
Me and my little love!
My precious birthday girl! I cant believe she turned 2! What amazing these past 2 years have been!
Drinking mommys water bottle, and laying on Emmy Rose's boppy!
Dressed up as cows!
and dressed up again...I'm a PIG!
and Dressed up more...I'm a frog
and Painted!
Going to Imaginations at Play together!
Favorite Cousins...Wonderful friends!! They love each other!
Nana & Papa C, Uncle J, Aunt Mandee, Adeline, Nana E and us all had dinner together our first evening home! Nana C & Aunt Mandee made a delicious meal!
Happy little girl to have her mommy and daddy back home!
Waiting to go HOME!! We are so excited!
Little Bitty Babey!



1 comment:

john, kimberly, ila, will and ruby lou said...

Clark Family,
Emersyn Rose is wonderful, gorgeous, and absolutely precious! Congratulations on your newest addition! Thanks for sharing your story, and so many beautiful pictures. I so wished that we all lived closer....we need to have a reunion sometime!
Love you, and lots of x's and o's from us for those 2 sweet babies of yours!
with love ~